ISORECEA conference: Religion on the Periphery
Olomouc, Czech Republic, 23-25 April 2020
On behalf of the International Study of Religion in Eastern and Central Europe Association, we would like to invite you to Palacký University Olomouc for the ISORECEA Conference.
Modern Europe, including Central and Eastern Europe, has been paying more and more attention to and exhibiting increasing sensitivity to minorities, to people on the periphery, to those who are marginalized because of their race, gender, sexual orientation, political beliefs, religion or lack of religion. However, our aim is to draw attention not only to the importance of peripheries in religion, but also to the study of religion as an academic discipline.
We believe that Olomouc and the university with its historical and intellectual significance are a very suitable place for academic reflection and discussions of the topic. We hereby invite all who are interested in the academic study of religion to participation in this conference.
Tomáš Bubík, Silvie Kotherová and David Václavík
- Submission of abstracts: by December 15th 2019
- Submission of session/panel proposals: by December 15th 2019
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts: 15 January 2020
- Notification of acceptance of session/panel proposals: 15 January 2020
- Opening of registration: 15 January 2020
- Final date for registration: 15 February 2020
- Final program: 15 March 2020
The conference scheduled for April 23-25 is canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic. The new date of the conference could take place in September or October. However, we are currently waiting for the course of the situation. Good luck to everyone!